After surviving the chaotic battle that erupted after Lo and the Bosha clan attacked, now Mya is looking ahead to her future with Kol. All the things that once felt so uncertain are finally falling into place. But the same night as Kol and Mya’s betrothal announcement, Mya’s brother Chev reveals his plan to marry his youngest sister Lees to his friend Morsk. The only way to avoid this terrible turn of events, Morsk informs Mya when he corners her later, is for Mya to take Lees’ place and marry him herself.
Refusing to marry anyone other than her beloved, and in an effort to protect her sister, Mya runs away to a secret island with Lees. And though it seems like the safest place to hide until things back home blow over, Mya soon realizes she’s been followed. Lurking deep in the recesses of this dangerous place are rivals from Mya’s past whose thirst for revenge exceeds all reason.
With the lives of her loved ones on the line, Mya must make a move before the enemies of her past become the undoing of her future.
Mya and Kol has went through a lot including the conflict between them and Lo. Now that everything is put into place, a new delemma comes that will change everything.
- It has a very good intro that will make you cry rivers. I love how the author began the story with a very sensible and at the same time, heart breaking scene. It is one of the reasons why I am glued to this book from the start. Every emotion is real and it will make you sympathize with each of the characters in the book.
- The value of friendship and family. I love how the story tells us about the importance of trust between our family and friends. The consequences of making the wrong decisions and of course, the ache of letting go. This book is one of those books that will teach you life lessons without it being forced.
- It is more action packed than the first. If you prefer survival novels and action packed scenes, this is the perfect book for you.
- Mya’s narration. The shift in narrative refreshes the mood of the story. Having Kol’s unique storytelling in the first book, we saw how he tried to persue Mya into being his beloved. Here, we can see the strong and steadfast character of Mya and the way she makes her decisions in the name of love and the clan who needed her the most.
- The story is so detailed and wordy that even if I have skiped a couple of lines and sentences, there is still a need to omit some of them. It is not a lie that I am so in love with the story and the characters of this novel. However, due to the author’s poor execution and storytelling, I stopped reading it at 75%.
- All this time, I don’t know where the this whole thing is going. Aside from it’s wordy storytelling, the novel’s plot is too shallow for my taste. Whenever I take a guess, the big reveal is smaller than I have expected. I am very sorry to say but this book really has too much potential in it but the author didn’t utilize it well.
Despite the fact that I love the concept of this series, I am very disappointed on how the second book turned out. I am thinking of giving it a second chance but I am too drained to read the rest of the book now.
Anyways, thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to see you around soon!
Till my next review!