Love has no rules.
It’s been a year since Eden Munro last saw Tyler Bruce: her stepbrother…and secret love. Although they swore to ignore their feelings and put their family first, Eden can’t help but feel excited when Tyler invites her to join him in New York City for the summer.
But it’s not like anything is going to happen. Eden is happy with her boyfriend Dean, and she knows gorgeous, green-eyed Tyler must have moved on as well. But as they spend the long, hot summer in the city that never sleeps, it becomes obvious that those old feelings are still there…simmering beneath the surface. Will Tyler and Eden be able to resist temptation?
Did I Mention I Need You? is book two in Wattpad sensation Estelle Maskame’s DIMILY trilogy: three unforgettable summers of secrets, heartbreak and forbidden romance.
First and for all, I would like to inform my dear readers the fact that I have included in my review of Did I Mention I Love You some of the things that are quite general for the whole trilogy. To make this review short and not redundant, I decided to just state only the things that I have observed in the second book of the series. If you want to read my review of the first book, click here.
I have received an advance readers copy of this novel from Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review.
Eden Munro was thrilled when Tyler Bruce, her stepbrother invited her to New York for the summer. It has been a year since she last saw him, but there is this one catch that made everything so complicated.
Eden still loves Tyler. They have shared a mutual feeling two summers ago that made everything so wrong. Including her relationship with Tyler’s best friend Dean.
As she explores her way to the city that never sleeps will Eden resist the urge of rekindling her feelings to Tyler?
- The character development is very impressive. From worst to much much better, Tyler Bruce has become one of my favorite characters in this book. He is one of those characters that improved so much that it is quite unbelievable that he has done the things he does in the first. Well, as of the others, many might have changed but it is not as much as his.
- The story is very well made. It is very unpredictable yet very organized. It is not the type of story that shoots at random places and leave the readers dumbfounded and confused of what is happening.
- The author knew how to deliver the emotions raw. Every scene in this book is amazingly paced making the readers savor the emotions more and literally feel them.
Okay, so this part contains major spoilers so you better not read this part here if you haven’t read Did I Mention I Need You.
- That drastic ending. This is the first thing that I want to discuss with everyone who have read the book. It took me hours to recover from that ending cause it was like, what the hell? Everything was closer to being fine until, Tyler backed out. Oh gosh! How am I supposed to react with that ending?! I do understand the fact that Tyler wanted some space. To be away from everything and prove himself. But after everything they have sacrificed?! What the heck was he thinking, leaving Eden to face the dilemma the two of them is supposed to be facing?! Guess I need to grab that third book to find out.
- The surprise visit of Tiffani and Dean. I didn’t see this coming! I was totally surprised by their visit to New York. In fact, by the time they became a part of the story, I couldn’t put the book down, literally! So this segment made the story even more interesting. (smiles)
Honestly, this review has been of of the trickiest so far since there are tons and tons of contradicting ideas that I need to sort out. Not to mention, the extensive fangirling I am experiencing after reading the book.
Nevertheless, this book has been a fantastic read. One of the series I look forward to in Netgalley. I would love to recommend this series to everyone who loves to read something extraordinary. So for now, we have to wait for the third and the last installment of the series.
Till my next book review! (waves)