Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Imagine if she hadn’t forgotten the book. Or if there hadn’t been traffic on the expressway. Or if she hadn’t fumbled the coins for the toll. What if she’d run just that little bit faster and caught the flight she was supposed to be on. Would it have been something else – the weather over the Atlantic or a fault with the plane?
Hadley isn’t sure if she believes in destiny or fate but, on what is potentially the worst day of each of their lives, it’s the quirks of timing and chance events that mean Hadley meets Oliver…
Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver’s story will make you believe that true love finds you when you’re least expecting it.
★★★★★ (5 stars)
What is four minutes in twenty-four hours?
Well, how would you feel if you’re being in a situation where you are being required to attend the second wedding of your father, which you never wanted to attend in the first place, half way across the globe, only to find out that your flight has left four minutes ago?
Insane right? A perfect source of bad vibes in the airport.
But what if the situation turns out to be a little bit better than you thought it was? What if the thing you least expected to come would find its way to you?
- The story is great and also the writing style. The concept of this story is very cute. Who would have thought of such title? (smiles)
- The book is one easy read. If you are looking for a book that would fill your weekend or even a flight across the globe, this is a good book for you. It is short, but not too short to be finishing it in an hour or two.
- The characters are very relatable. Realistic I must say. Hadley and Oliver are two teenagers who have their own issues in life. I won’t spoil you on what’s going to happen but let me tell you this, there are things that you’ll expect at first, but it’s not what you think it is, (smiles)
- The story happened within twenty-four hours. It is too short for the characters to say that they have fallen in love. Too short for them to know each other and do things like kissing.
- Love for the characters came in like instant coffee. Who the hell would kiss someone whom they just met a few hours ago? Well, Hadley and Oliver did. The kiss really did bug me since it came in too early for our young characters. (sighs)
So, to wrap things up, this book is perfect for those who are looking for something light, cute and sweet. Something that you will enjoy in a flight across the globe.
Till my next book review! (smiles)